SME RECOGNITION AWARD 2015 MALAYSIA @ Kuala Lumpur Road Show
Theme of the year: “Shaping Up to the New Economic Landscape”
We care for the SME,…… we walk the talk.
Ms. Megane Soo, President of SME Kuala Lumpur ,
National Vice President, SME Association of Malaysia.
The process of evaluation is Transparent and Independent with professional approach.
No monetary transaction…….. Either you make it, or not making it.
Mr. Chey Onn Wah,
Working Committee Chairman, SME Recognition Award 2015,
National Council Member, SME Association of Malaysia.
The SME Recognition Award 2015, Kuala Lumpur Roadshow was held on the 15th September 2015 at Bukit Jalil Golf & Country Club.
Now into its 14th year, SME Association Malaysia continue to showcase and honor the outstanding achievements of Malaysian SMEs with the renowned SME Recognition Award in 17 award categories.
SME Recognition Award (SMERA) maintains a unique assessment and selection scheme, which is a stringent yet effective and transparent mechanism. This selection scheme is supported by a distinguished Selection Board Committee and is acknowledged as a professional evaluation platform that provides truly credible and honored recognition to outstanding SMEs.
The Evaluation Team conducts on site competency assessment to all the short-listed nominee companies. This is to better understand the nominees in five core competencies: Business & Company, Management Philosophies, Products, Services & Markets, Operations & Technologies and Financial Performance.
Malaysian SMEs are the prominent contributors to the vibrant national economy. The globalized economy has created new environment & challenges for trade and investment.
The impact of innovation and rapid technology advancement has given Malaysian Entrepreneurs motivation to re-invent and shape-up their foundations to face new competitions in the global perspectives.
Objectives of The Awards
- Serves as inspiration to all SMEs
- Promote brand image
- Enhance intellectual property value
- Benchmark quality standards
- Recognize the achievements of SMEs
Selection Board, SMERA 2015
Chairman : Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Megat Najmuddin Bin Dato’ Seri Dr Hj Megat Khas
Honorary Patron, Malaysian Institute of Corporate Governance, MICG
Member : Datuk Dr. A.T.Kumararajah
Honorary Secretary General, Malaysian Associated Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry, MAICCI
Member: Mr. Peter Desmond Wee Tian Peng
President, Malaysian Intellectual Property Association, MIPA
Member: Mr. Yeo Tek Ling
Council Member, Malaysian Institute of Accountants, MIA
Member: Mr. Michael Kang Hua Keong
National President, SME Association of Malaysia
Organizing Chairman, SME Recognition Award 2015
Member: Mr. Haji Hanafee Bin Yusoff JP, SMK
Vice President, Dewan Perniagaan Melayu Malaysia, DPMM
Member: Datuk Wira Jalilah Baba
President, Malaysian International Chamber of Commerce and Industry, MICCI
The 17 categories of SME Recognition Award:
- PLATINUM ENTREPRENEUR 2015 AWARD
- SME ACHIEVERS AWARD
- SAHABAT NEGARA SME AWARD
- SME BEST OVERALL AWARD
- SME INNOVATION EXCELLENCE AWARD
- SME EXPORT EXCELLENCE AWARD
- SME ICT ADOPTION AWARD
- SME WOMEN ENTREPRENEUR AWARD
- SME PHOENIX AWARD
- SME PRODUCT EXCELLENCE AWARD
- SME SERVICE EXCELLENCE AWARD
- SME BRAND EXCELLENCE AWARD
- SME RISING STAR AWARD
- SME YOUNG ENTREPRENEUR AWARD
- SME SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY EXCELLENCE AWARD
- SME GREEN EXCELLENCE AWARD
- SME OSH (OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY AND HEALTH) AWARD
- Nominees must be a company incorporated in Malaysia (Sole proprietor, Partnership excluded);
- At least more than 50% owned by Malaysian;
- Not a listed company on any stock exchange;
- Not approved for listing on any stock exchange as at 30 September 2015;
- Not more than 51% owned by a public listed company;
- Involved in any legitimate business with annual gross turnover below RM200 million for the financial year ended 2014;
- For companies with same owners, group proforma consolidated accounts is allowed but the company or group should be in a single or similar business nature;
- Company must be in the business for at least 3 years(except for Rising Star Award).
5 Core evaluation criteria:
A. BUSINESS AND COMPANY
• Market positioning
• Awards and accolades won
• Unique strengths and unique selling proposition
• Milestones and achievements
• Core business
B. MANAGEMENT PHILOSOPHIES
• Strategies for growth and evolution
• Key management team
• New initiatives embarked upon
• Vision and mission
C. OPERATIONS AND TECHNOLOGIES
• Accreditations e.g. ISO
• Research and development
• Adoption of information communication technology
• Quality of documentation e.g. operating procedures manual.
• Human capital development
D. PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND MARKETS
• Products and/or services range
• Market size and market share
• Distribution channels
• Brand and design development
• Customer relationship management plans
• Spread and quality of customers
• Overseas and local market ratio
• Market development
• Overseas representation
• Pricing strategy
• Process efficiency
E. FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE
• Operating profit before and after tax over the past 3 years
• Profit and sales growth
• Exports and local sales ratio
• Return on capital employed
• Profit and sales per employee
- Nominations can be made by completing and returning the nomination form to the SME Recognition Awards Secretariat Office at: SME ASSOCIATION OF MALAYSIA
No. 5–5, Jalan USJ9/5Q, Subang Business Centre
47620 Subang Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan
Tel : +603-8024 5787, 8024 5737, 8023 0685
Fax : +603 8024-1737
Email : email@example.com
Website : www.smeam.org
- Nominees may select their preferred award category. However, it is the prerogative of the judging panel to place nominee in the category that allows the nominee that best probability of receiving an award.
- All sections should be completed as much as you can as information provided will form the basis for judging. Please denote N/A where appropriate.
- Completed forms must be submitted together with :
- Three (3) years audited accounts
- Complete Form 24 and 49 for Malaysian ownership evidence.
- A processing fee of RM800 payable to “SMI Association of Malaysia”
- Other relevant supporting documents or information deemed appropriate.
- For each applicable section, elaborate in not more than 250 words. In addition to the questions below, please attach separate sheets if you have more information or if the space provided is insufficient.
- All information provided in the nomination form will be treated with full confidentially.
- All nominations must be supported by an approved body. An approved body is either a professional body or trade association.
- The Organizer cannot undertake to return documents or supplementary material submitted with an entry.
- Names of applicants, commentary and scoring information developed during the review of applicants are regarded as proprietary by the Award Committee and are kept strictly confidential. Such information is available only to those individuals directly involved in the assessment and administrative process.
The SME Recognition Award 2015 gala dinner is scheduled on 4th December 2015 at Sunway Convention Centre, Malaysia.
Download the Nomination Form here.
SME Recognition Award 2015 Facebook